How long will website development take?
Our standard delivery time is 10 weeks, from a deposit to site launch. We can push it to 6 weeks under certain conditions. Factors which can cut down on development time include having images ready and having your text written by a professional copywriter.We have copywriters available to provide exceptionally written, clear text which works with your website architecture, and your business branding.
Why should I hire you and not ABC web design company that has a big ad in Yellow pages?
There are plenty of very talented people in our area and a few very good web development companies. Our special talents lie in:
- Website Architecture. We specialize in simplifying complex or hard to understand information and breaking it in manageable chunks. The information is then presented in order of importance and interest to your site visitors. Watch for Fortis Powersense Case Study (coming soon)
- Flash Design. First impressions are important, and incorporating Flash technology into your website will give your site a professional look and feel. From a dynamic introduction, to Flash presentations with voice-over, or interactive mapping systems, Flash can replicate the design elements of your print branding (business cards and brochures) and make them as dynamic and interactive as a face to face presentation. It's really important to use the correct elements to provide a consistent message about your services and products, and not to over use any one element. We use subtlety and creativity in our designs, and we are certain you will enjoy both the class and distinction that your website will demonstrate.
How much does it cost to develop a website?
Determining the cost of a website is directly related to what you want your site to look like, feel like and do for you and your customers. Our sites start at CDN $800 and brochures at $500, and we will do our best to fit your budget.
Among the many considerations is how often you will be updating your site.
- Do you want to change the text on most of the site pages?
- Do you need to add news and events?
- Do you need custom features? For example, if you require an event calendar, do you need a standard calendar of events where all past events are deleted automatically or would a customized one work, where some of the past events (but not all) are present?
- Do you need to upload images to your product catalog?
We ask all of these and many other questions on our FREE one-hour initial interview. Book interview.
What is all involved? What's your process?
Web Development Process
- Two-hour meeting where we discuss objectives of the future website.
- Site architecture development and sign-off (what goes on the home page, what goes on secondary pages and why).
- Ongoing consultation for website architecture. Content of the site approved.
- Graphic design - two templates of the home page to choose from. The primary contact chooses one to proceed with.
- Secondary (content) page design and design sign-off.
- Website is programmed. Interactive modules developed, for example, e-newsletter, blog or secure online area for internal company usage.
- Website is submitted for testing and feedback.
- Website launch.
Graphic Design Process
Our Graphic Design process is similar with the exception of a programming stage. We consult, discuss and brainstorm and present 2 design concepts to choose from. Then one concept gets refined and delivered. Contact us to find out what is our process and the average delivery times of designing a brochure, a poster, an ad or a book.